Monday, November 14, 2011

Dedetepe-Well-Being

Warm rays of pink, orange and gold sink through my eyelids, drawing me to rise just a moment before the sun can rise herself, over the Autumn forest hills. Rhythms of this life, no need for alarm. I wake-up well.




Her body is scored with scars. She looks at the world through a cloud of trauma, seeing with only one eye. I accept her fear towards our tailless kind. Slowly gently, I absorb her aggression and get close to tend her wounds. Day by day I can hear more comfort in her response to my call, "Hey girl." I care well.




Earth: births the olives that drip the oil, sprouts the seeds that grown to be food, gives the mud that is molded for an oven, supports the trees that ignite for cooking, holds my feet, so I can patiently combine the gifts into an organic slow-food meal.  I am nourished well.


photo from Linda and Eriks
Focused energy streams through my actions producing progress to the task I attend. A group of bodies sharing a breath, food's fuel goes unwasted. Physical tasks accomplished satisfy more than my host. I labor well.  


photo from Linda and Eriks
I follow the music to find what I hear, I go to the land's edge to see what I find. Off the guide-book-trail I work to crack the surface of what is here. I inquire well.




Moments of laughter, moments of appreciation, moments of acceptance, moments of respect, moments of compassion, moments of communication, moments of creation, moments of weakness, moments of strength, moments we share, together our relations are well.




Here I am nature. Here I am free.  Here there is time for me to focus on me. I stroll down the river to feel the source. It is a connection like this that keeps me on course. Now as I go, self-care vibrates like a soft ringing bell. I-be-well.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Nick, I can relate to your experience, reminding us of what is Really going on. You are making important connections and reminding the rest of us also. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's incredible how you bring a humble reality to that which seems unreal. In a rather atypical life experience right now you still feel and internalize the problems of every other college grad. You , as well as Jennifer , both saw the opportunity and the struggle in what you're doing. I like how Jennifer pointed out in the beginning when she announced her trip every said she was so lucky for the opportunity . Which is true, but also her reflections shed light on all aspects of planning and living such a life. The flamed us and real. It's a pleasure to relate to your writings and at the same time dream of your life as an incredible fantasy!

    ReplyDelete