Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Garden Relief (in photos)

By: Nicholas

Abroad a month and that was just the beginning . Through my words I have done my best to recreate for you the feelings France has brought to me. My attention focused on the moment I am in, I have experienced each scent, sight and sound as purely as one can. I have worked to capture the essence of each place and pass it on through written language. Unfortunately today, I cannot bring to life the past two weeks in this same way.

When the mind's race is at rest, the world shines with a deeper brightness. At times though, thoughts do not easily accept peace. My life situation is changing and fear stirs with the uncertainty. My discomfort is expressed through my inner voice's old patterns. A carousel of illusions, memories and plans have been preventing me from completely connecting. The chateau in Sacy le Petit deserves a description that tickles the senses, but I have been too far removed to receive the place's inspiration. The obstacle that I face will become more clear with time, but for now I will only share some things in and around the garden that have temporarily given me relief from my burdened brain. 


Plums
Jam Making: Bringing the attention to the hands, we first prepare the fruit by taking out the innards. 

Seething the medieval way is sort of like milking the fruit for juice-leaving behind the skins and sometimes worms!
Add heat

The backyard of Chateau de Sacy, a great place to read and nap

A single rose blooms between the thorns, growing and wrapping  around an iron heart
With Jennifer's table tennis skill growing exponentially it is easy to forget that carrier pigeons once roosted in that background tower waiting for their next delivery assignment  


My competitive opponent Lloyd. Probably allowing recreation to create room for inspiration before our next ping-pong match.

I enjoyed listening to Lloyd Durling describe his work. As he told of his ideology and inspirations, I observed the philosophy and thought come to life off the barn wall.




Making games out of cracking walnuts with our newly graduated college-bound Connor
Hello tall sharp tool. Help Nick invent a path through the Forest garden

The whole body's rhythm  provides meditation for the spirit

Escape the Chateau to pick up warm milk and fresh eggs from the farm  
What better for relaxation than helping life to succeed  

What better to help life succeed than providing warm loving words

Not too close to the barn, yet

BBQ dinners are the best time to listen to Hermine's stories of  un-welcomed artists needing a literal kick in the butt to be removed  from the chateau 


Hermine's connection with the grounds stems from childhood play with the gardeners daughter and a young love with the bakers son


She has grown with the land and her dedication to it is apparent everywhere. For instance in this archway of green beans


Although these wonders have been fogged by my own seperation, I do not  judge my distracted mind. I am grateful that I am able to sense, from the place between the thoughts, that struggle is not permanent. Life's love is always within. 

3 comments:

  1. Nar,
    Beautiful descriptions of the mind's separation from exterior observations. I love that you are so in touch, and don't condemn yourself for feeling this way. The spirituality you've acquired throughout the years will aid you well in your future pursuits, and I love reading about it. With the way you handle situations, I'm sure the light will shine even brighter given time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat beauty, what essence, what soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being open and reminding all of us that, while we may be afraid of life and the many transitions to attend, wakefulness is here for us now if we choose it - but it is and must be a conscious choice and generally a struggle. AND, a Chateau in France is as good a location as any for such a drama!

    ReplyDelete